Scultura SL Team Frameset 2013 is the weapon of choice for Team Lampre-Merida in the 2013 UCI World Tour! Ranked second in testing on stiffness to weight ratio amongst all UCI approved frames. One of the most affordable bikes in the pro peloton, the Scultura SL Team made it's tour debut in Australia at the Tour Down Under.
Frame weight 830 grams (54cm). The Scultura SL frame is the "best of the best", with breath-taking efforts to reduce overall weight and maximise performance. Uses the best quality ultra-high modulus carbon fibre. Extreme high BB stiffness due to the new BB386 EVO Bottom Bracket and asymmetric designed chain stays. (68N/mm BB stiffness – 35% more than the 2010 EVO Team). 400mm length Chain stays provide precise handling. Bio fibre damping composite is used in strategic locations – provides amazing comfort, better wheel contact, faster cornering and descents.
Merida Scultura Carbon Team Frameset
- Scultura SL Team is the world's best performing complete carbon road bike! (Tested by Neutral labs) In terms of low weight, stiffness and outstanding comfort figures.
- High Modulus Carbon Monocoque constructed frame - 830gm (m/l). This level is using a high amount of the very best ultra high modulus fibres available.
- Full carbon fork with double chamber blades - 330gm. Contains bio-fibre damping compound - provides better contact with the ground surface that results in faster cornering and descents.
- New BB386 EVO bottom bracket shell. (68 N/mm). Increases in the bottom bracket stiffness by 35%, offering more direct power transfer (compared to 2010 EVO Team). Assymetrical design chain stays also increase stiffness.
- Internal cable routing - Di2 Compatible. Keeps dirt and grit out of the cable system and provides a neat, streamlined appearance. Compatible with electronic gear shifting.
- Bio-fibre dampening. Provided in strategic locations for enhanced vibration dampening and increased comfort.
- 40mm chain stays provide precice handling.
- All new Scultura frames are UCI approved. Road frames need to be UCI approved for all licensed races